Monday 6 August 2018

Chapter 14: I think you'll all agree...

... that shtuff just went sideways in the most colossal way.



I haven't even finished it and it already needs repairs!

I sat down to do some more work and noticed that the seam between the top and side had separated. As I gave it what I though was a gentle poke the back corner gave way and split the top. As a result I have spent some time sulking and deciding what to do next.

In the mean time it has given me the opportunity to show off the Bass Bar that I managed to completely miss out of the blog during the build earlier.


The Bass Bar runs at a slight angle to one side of the centre line so the it runs under one side of the Bridge. The clue in the title is that it runs under the lower tuned strings. The other side of the Bridge is supported by the Sound Post.

The good news for the blog is that I have chosen to order a new top and carry on. Obviously this has all been another excuse for why it's taking so long, but I think we're getting used to that.

The new top has already had it's bath and been bent to the curve as before.


I hope to have it cut, Bass Bar attached, and glued down by the end of the week. But we know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment